The Best DJ Headphones in 2017
One of the most crucial equipment in the Dj’s arsenal of equipment is the most accurate set of headphones.
With the variety of technology available today for making the job of a Dj easier, it has become really crucial to choose the right track at the appropriate time.
To enable the Dj do this, he needs the best headphone so as to keep track of the most appropriate time to switch to the next track.
Being a Dj means having the responsibility to play good music which is determined by the occasion and mood of people and what they want.
The ability of the Dj to do all these is by using the most ideal headphones available. Any Dj who is serious about his/her job cannot make use of the normal headphones available in the market but choose from the variety of headphones specially used by DJs.
This article would serve as a guide to pinpoint some of the best Dj headphones available in the market today.
Factors to Consider in Choosing the Best DJ Headphones
- Your available budget; the amount of cash you are willing to invest in a headphone is a major determinant in selecting the best DJ headphone. There are a lot of DJ headphones ranging from different prices. Basically the higher the price, the more quality it provides.
- The sound quality; this is another crucial thing to watch out for when selecting a headphone for Dj-ing. An ideal pair of DJ headphones should have the capacity to produce a range of between 20Hz-20 KHz so all the sounds in any mix can be heard. If any part of a mix cannot be heard by a Dj, the mix won’t go properly and the production is going to be affected. Even while on a budget, its best to choose a headphone with great sound quality because it’s beneficial on the long run.
- Comfort; as a DJ, when putting on a show, the headphone is going to be worn for long periods of time. It’s best to select headphones that would be comfortable for you to wear for long periods of time. If they itch or they press too hard on your ears, it’s going to tell on your production one way or another.
- How durable the headphone is; being a DJ sometimes doesn’t involve delicacy. It’s best to choose a headphone that can handle a bit of rough treatment. A headphone may drop or get rough-handled at one point or the other. Even if not intentional, it’s best to select a headphone which does not break to pieces at the slightest fall. This is bound to save you cash as well on the long run.
- Features and accessories; the extra features and accessories the headphone offers should also be considered. How are the specs? Is it wireless or Bluetooth? How long does the battery last? All these questions should be answered to your satisfaction before choosing a DJ headphone.
- Color and style; As a Dj its best to select a headphone that goes with your style, it should fit your overall persona. Although this isn’t a necessity for most people, but these little things go a long way. Most DJs just select a pure black headphone. Having a unique color of headphones would make it easy for you to stand out and always be recognized by people which go a long way in the business.
- The cord; the cord of the headphone should also be to satisfaction. As a Dj you are most likely going to be on the move all night, switching positions and even dancing to your mix in the booth. Choosing a headphone with a long cord that would make movement easier should be considered.
Best DJ Headphone 2017 Review
There are numerous DJ headphones available in the market today which makes it tedious for DJ’s to select.
These are some of the best DJ headphones you can find in the market today. They include;
Price - $XXX
This is one of the world’s most loved headphones. The HD25 produced by Sennheiser has been purchased for a number of Dj’s since they were released in 1988.
These headphones are very durable and their high level of isolation makes them appropriate for working in environments that are very noisy like festival stages and club booths. These headphones are really great but they can get uncomfortable if they are worn for too long.
Every of its component can be easily removed and replaced. This headphone is great for dealing with elevated sound pressure levels and it is very light weight.
Price - $XXX
This headphone has been praised for its sonic performance by professional audio reviewers and audio engineers. It has a deep and accurate bass response and has an extended clarity range which is exceptionally clear all through. The ATH-M50x also comes with rare earth magnets and copper covered aluminium wire voice calls.
The ATH-M50x also comes in a Circumaural design which is great for use in loud environments because of its excellent sound isolation. This headphone comes with a detachable cable which makes for ease of movement for the Dj. The ear pad which is of professional grade brings in more comfort and makes it very durable. This makes them one of the best DJ headphones.
PRICE - $XX
This headphone is quite cheap and also functional. This is a very simple device from Sony. They have all the basic features and functionalities that are expected from a pair of DJ headphones that are being used professionally.
It also comes with reversible ear cups and a broad frequency response that gives great sound quality for a cheap price. It comes with a long cord to enable free movement.
These headphones are comfortable to wear for a long time and are quite affordable to replace.
Price - $XXX
This headphone comes with a Kevlar reinforced universal 1-button audio, mic cable and pro audio Dj cable which can all be detached.
They also come in an exo skeleton case and come with a 50mm dual-diaphragm driver that is great for extended supernatural sound.
Price - $XXX
The headphone is designed with a creative head chamber that minimizes noise from the vicinity as well as a headband which is not only durable but quite comfortable.
Because of its cables which are coiled and ribbed, users do not need to untangle the headphones when they want to be used. It also features precise well-defined bass and clear mids.
Although there are a variety of headphones in the market, these best DJ headphones of 2017 are sure to suit your needs.